Saturday, April 12, 2008

UPDATE

On January 28, 2008 I married Jason Matthews in Killeen, Texas. In March he deployed to Iraq. Last week I received a phone call that Jason had been injured. It was the worst phone call I have ever received. My heart dropped to the floor. Jason was hit by and IED while driving a vehicle. He is working his way back to the states! He is going to be fine, has many injuries, and he is alive...that is the most important thing.


We are so lucky and so grateful that his buddy Denham who was with him reacted so quickly. He is our hero! He saved Jason's life and we are forever grateful to him. All of the Crazyhorse Soldiers are amazing and heroes. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.


We did lose a great soldier and he will never be forgotten...Sgt Ricky Vaughn.
Please keep his wife and unborn baby in your thoughts as well.


1 comment:

A Beautifulmind said...

I was so touched by this post of yours....

God Bless! you both....